您现在的位置: 纽约时报中英文网 >> 纽约时报中英文版 >> 国际 >> 正文

泰国洞穴救援:12名少年被困10天奇迹生还

更新时间:2018-7-3 19:56:08 来源:纽约时报中文网 作者:佚名

In Thailand Cave Rescue, 12 Boys and Their Soccer Coach Are Found Alive
泰国洞穴救援:12名少年被困10天奇迹生还

MAE SAI, Thailand — The scrawny boys were huddled on the floor of the cave when the British divers emerged from the murky water.

泰国美塞——英国潜水员们从浑浊的水中浮现出来,发现那群骨瘦如柴的男孩正挤在洞穴的地上。

As his bright light flickered from one boy to another, one of the divers called out, “How many of you?”

一个潜水员喊道:“你们有多少人?” 他身上的灯光闪烁着,从一个男孩移到另一个男孩身上。

“Thirteen,” one of them answered.

“十三个,”其中一人回答。

“Brilliant,” the diver said.

“太棒了,”潜水员说。

After 10 days trapped in a flooded cave complex in northern Thailand, and after an enormous search effort that had transfixed Thailand, the missing 12 boys and their soccer coach had finally been found.

12个男孩和他们的足球教练被困在泰国北部一个被水淹没的大型洞穴中长达10天,经过震惊整个泰国的大规模搜救努力,他们终于被找到了。

In a brief video filmed by one of the divers, which was posted on the Thai Navy Seal Facebook page, the boys and their coach seemed in surprisingly good condition. Some of the boys sat and some stood as they spoke with their rescuers.

其中一名潜水员拍摄的简短视频发布在泰国海豹突击队的Facebook页面上,视频中男孩们和教练状态之好令人吃惊。有些男孩坐着,有些人站在那里,和救援人员交谈。

The group had been the focus of a search-and-rescue operation ever since the boys and their coach went missing in the cave complex on June 23 and were caught inside by rising floodwaters.

自6月23日男孩们和教练在这座大型洞穴中失踪并被上涨的洪水困住以来,泰国海豹突击队一直是搜救行动的焦点。

The two British divers who were first to reach the boys, both experts in cave rescues, were John Volanthen and Rick Stanton, according to Bill Whitehouse, the vice chairman of the British Cave Rescue Council.

英国洞穴救援委员会副主席比尔·怀特豪斯(Bill Whitehouse)称,首先发现这些男孩的两名英国潜水员都是洞穴救援专家,他们的名字是约翰·沃伦森(John Volanthen)和里克·斯坦顿(Rick Stanton)。

The next challenge will be getting the group out of the flooded cave in their weakened condition and without training as scuba divers. The boys range in age from 11 to 16, and their coach is 25.

接下来的挑战是如何把这群人从被洪水淹没的洞穴中救出去,他们已经处于虚弱状态,并且没有受过水肺潜水的训练。男孩们的年龄从11岁到16岁不等,他们的教练25岁。

The governor of Chiang Rai Province, Narongsak Osottanakorn, who is overseeing the search-and-rescue operation, said a medical team would treat the team members and evaluate them to determine when they could be moved.

负责监督搜救行动的清莱府府尹那荣萨·奥索他纳功(Narongsak Osottanakorn)表示,医疗团队会对这群人进行治疗,并且做出评估,以决定他们何时可以转移。

“I assure you we found them,” Mr. Narongsak told reporters. “After we have the doctor assess their condition, they are going to give them treatment for them to able to move. Then we are going to decide next how to move them.”

“我向你们保证,我们找到了他们,” 那荣萨告诉记者。“我们会让医生评估他们的状态,并向他们提供治疗,以便他们能够行动。接下来我们将决定如何转移他们。”

Divers were finally able to reach the group after enlarging a narrow, submerged passageway that had been too small for them to get through while wearing their air tanks.

在扩大了一条被水淹没的狭窄通道后,潜水员终于能够来到这群人身边,这条通道最初过于狭小,令他们身上的氧气罐无法通过。

Earlier, crews had used huge pumps to reduce the water level, and divers had placed guide ropes and air tanks along the route to reach the site of the trapped boys.

早些时候,工作人员使用巨大的水泵来降低水位,潜水员在前往被困男孩位置的沿途放置了引导绳和氧气罐。

King Maha Vajiralongkorn Bodindradebayavarangkun had indicated he was following events closely, helping to focus the attention of government officials.

国王哇集拉隆功(King Maha Vajiralongkorn Bodindradebayavarangkun)曾表示他正在密切关注该事件,使得政府官员更为关注此事。

The boys’ first question when the diver arrived was whether they could leave right away. They also wanted to know how long they had been in the cave.

当潜水员到达时,男孩们的第一个问题是他们是否可以马上离开。他们还想知道自己在洞里呆了多久。

The diver explained the cave was flooded, and it would take some to get them out. But he assured them that other divers would soon be bringing food and supplies.

潜水员解释说洞穴被洪水淹没了,需要一些时间才能把他们救出去。但他向他们保证,其他潜水员很快就会带来食物和用品。

“Many people are coming,” he said. “We are the first.”

“来了很多人,”他说。“我们是第一批。”

Kham Phromthep, whose son was among the boys trapped in the cave, said that he was ecstatic when he saw his son in the video.

坎·普隆泰(Kham Phromthep)的儿子是被困的男孩之一,他说当他在视频中看到儿子时,欣喜若狂。

“I am very happy to see his face among the other faces,” he said.

“我很高兴在一堆面孔中看到他的脸,”他说。

“全文请访问纽约时报中文网,本文发表于纽约时报中文网(http://cn.nytimes.com),版权归纽约时报公司所有。任何单位及个人未经许可,不得擅自转载或翻译。订阅纽约时报中文网新闻电邮:http://nytcn.me/subscription/”

相关文章列表